- Prodaptive Medical Innovations Ltd. is a company dedicated to providing simple innovative solutions for health care workers. It is our attention to small details that improve healthcare worker safety and satisfaction.
- Universal Precautions with facial masks and shields are required for high risk patients. The STAL Shield adds to effectiveness of Universal Precautions by reducing the contamination load that is being projected onto you. It is much more preferable not to be sprayed with blood and mucous in the first place.
- The STAL Shield helps to greatly reduce airborn vector risk to the healthcare provider. Used in conjunction with universal precautions the STAL Shield will maximize the healthcare providerʼs safety. Prodaptive is looking at other innovations that will help maximize patient and the healthcare provider safety.
Fill out the online form to order online, request for samples or obtain dealer inquiry.
Introducing the “Stal Shield”, a revolutionary adjunct to airway management that effectively and easily improves the safety and cleanliness of your medical setting.
The Stal Shield is a simple, natural adaptation to the traditional Yankauer suction wand used worldwide in nearly all medical fields from EMS, Emergency Rooms, Surgeries, Military, Rehabilitation, long term care and Veterinary facilities.
Please click here to check out a new video about the STAL on The Innovation Zone via paramedictv.com.
See us at the EMS World Expo in New Orleans, LA from October 29th - November 2nd, 2012 at booth 1446.
Problems with cross contamination or clean medical field isolation? Always!
Until now one of the major sources of contamination in the sterile/clean medical field has been from the patient in one form or another, and often requires suctioning to manage.
The Stal provides you and your team with benefits that save you money, time and equipment, providing a secure solution to the all too common contamination control problems inherent in the use of the Yankauer suction instrument.
Three Problems solved at once! Contamination Happens – we all know that. It’s just that it happens at the least opportune moment and usually results in the proverbial “s.n.a.f.u.” causing at least annoyance, at worst - life-threatening adverse conditions.
I did a messy arrest yesterday where the FR's had grossly over ventilated the patient causing gastric insufflations and distention resulting in a continuous flow of vomitus which was subsequently disgorged into the oral cavity and trachea / pulmonary system. With the new CPR technique of continuous compressions at 100/minute there was a staccato ejection of vomit from her mouth during airway management procedures which naturally involved much suctioning of the oro-pharynx with the Yankauer catheter and suction tubing alone.
The Stal Shield significantly reduces contamination from the source by:
- Effectively blocking it’s trajectory.
- Keeping the contaminated Yankauer clear of the clean field.
- Keeping the soiled field away from the Yankauer.
- Limiting the soiling of the Yankauer to it’s distal half.
- Providing significant resistance to the Yankauer being dragged off its resting surface.
- Crystal clear construction allowing for unfettered visualization.